Re: [OM] I'm starting to hate winter more and more

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm starting to hate winter more and more
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:20:32 -0500
> I'm pretty sure the animals around here are suffering as well due to all of
> the snow and unusual cold.
>
> In a month, I'll be in Tampa for a long weekend, so that will be nice.  I
> doubt the snow will be gone here by then...

The freezing line here in Iowa is anywhere from 32 inches to 40 inches
deep. It's going to take a while before we can be throwing anything in
the ground. Construction season will be delayed and compressed. Most
winters, we're around 24 inches. I remember that Michigan used to get
quite a bit deeper (48 inches not unusual) but that's with a different
soil type.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx