Re: [OM] IMG: It's Spring!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: It's Spring!
From: ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 09:13:28 +1100
> On 3 Mar 2014, at 8:58 am, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> It's more sensible to get chooks - ducks need water and they make a helluva
> mess compared to chickens.

It's almost certainly what we'll get, but I just have to fight my lack of
sensibility. The native ducks here in Thredbo (mostly the Wood Duck but also
the Pacific Black) that wander around our place here seem to crap with their
every breath. Stepping in duck crap is near unavoidable. They're great,
beautiful, but maybe we'll just try get them to one of the dams at the new
place. Obviously not for their eggs though.

> Muscovy ducks are more fun - they're really small geese to be accurate, have
> a lot of character and make excellent watchducks without all that silly
> honking.

I've googled. Yes, interesting. I shall ruminate (mixing a metaphor).

Cheers,
Marc
Snowy Mts, Oz