Re: [OM] [OT} turning into Moose? not not that way PS skills

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT} turning into Moose? not not that way PS skills
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 21:41:53 -0400
Here's my story of owning a VW Super Beetle:

In late 1976 we shipped a brand new left hand drive 1976 VW Dasher Wagon
[akin to an Audi Fox Wagon] from a London VW dealership ...........
bought sight unseen ........to Vancouver, BC from where I drove it in
mid winter to Calgary. Several years later we acquired a Super Beetle
and on a trip from Calgary to Edmonton the Beetle got rear ended at a
busy intersection in north east Edmonton. The rear end of the Beetle was
as far curved forward as the curves were in the opposite direction prior
to the accident. To attest to the rigor of VW's auto engineering, the
front end of the Dasher Wagon survived very well indeed. My wife was
rather red faced at having put a serious indentation in to her husband's
rear end the result of which the Beetle was toast. Husband and wife
presented themselves to the city police to report the collision. The
desk officer was very annoyed at seeing only two driving licences with
the same family name. He asked me the identify the offending party and I
responded by pointing to my wife. He almost killed himself laughing. It
must have been the best story of an auto accident he had heard in a long
long time!  The auto insurance claim turned out nicely indeed. Auto
policies assume a third party involvement as ours did. Since we were
both first parties on the same policy we experienced a full payout, no
deductibles and no loss of no-claims-bonus and no subsequent
notification of any third party claims on our auto policy.

Could only have happened to the owner of a VW Beetle

jh