Re: [OM] [OT} turning into Moose? not not that way PS skills

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT} turning into Moose? not not that way PS skills
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 14:44:03 -0800
On 2/27/2014 9:47 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
> One of my first vehicles was a '59 beetle. Needed a rebuild at 30k and a
> new engine at 60k like clockwork but exactly when was the question.

I drove my dad's '56 many miles and did a fair amount of work on it myself. I
recall fighting to replace the generator,
cleaning up and going out on a date in it.

He was smart/lucky, though, shopping carefully for a used one. He bought one
from a guy who ran a garage and had a hobby
of fast power boats. It had dual, big , full flow oil filters added up against
the firewall, which almost doubled the
oil capacity and added some informal cooling, as the oil passed through the
hoses and the steel filter housings.

It also had added oil pressure and temp and gas gauges That guy knew what he
was doing. I drove the crap out of that
thing, from madness with that suspension on windy roads to hours flat out on
the highway. Going up to Tahoe, the oil
temp gauge wound around past the end. I had to fix/replace a few things, but
the engine itself never faltered.

Who'd a thunk making them reliable was so simple?

Did yours have the roller gas pedal? On the high/freeway, just roll your foot
up on top for 35-50 uphill, 65-80 down.

Memory Lane Moose