Re: [OM] [OT] Computers - XP

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Computers - XP
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:12:11 -0800
On 2/24/2014 8:12 AM, DZDub wrote:
>> It's probably a NAS, or network-attached-storage setup, with some sort of
>> internet interface so you can get to your stuff from outside.
> Well so it is.  Thank you!  I instantly reform my opinion of the thing:
>
> <
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&type=page&st=my+cloud&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&fs=saas&usc=All+Categories&keys=keys&saas=saas

For a household like this one, with multiple computers, phones and tablets, it
provides, in theory, shared storage for
all without depending on a disk on any one device.

That said, the WD firmware is less than perfect. I was getting one set up when
I embarked on a desktop upgrade that
turned more urgent when the old one really died, not the HD or any cards.

If the firmware were any good, I'd have had everything working well before
going off to other things. As it is, I've
forgotten how it's supposed to work. I'm sure it can be set up to work, but
should be simpler to get working and more
transparent to use.

Cloudy With a Chance of Moose