Re: [OM] (OM) Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Computers
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:41:37 -0800
Brian, If it's an older machine as I suspect I wouldn't waste the $$ on
a new OS. Just reinstall XP. So what if it isn't "supported". Actually
there is a huge installed base that isn't going away anytime soon. XP is
a pretty solid OS.  For many, especially businesses, the cost of upgrade
would be substantial and for little if any return. For that reason I
think that there will be a market for anti virus companies to continue
security fixes.

However for now spend some money on a new, bigger harddrive now. Save
the rest of your money up for a new box and install Win7pro x64 or wait
and go with Win9. Skip Win 8. I think it's another Vista.

Once your computer is back up and running and all your applications are
re-installed and _before you start using it_ make a clone on the new HD
and switch over to it. Save the old drive for emergency.

Mike