Re: [OM] (OT) Barks, like a dog

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Barks, like a dog
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 21:46:19 +0000
:-)

I’m not sure that it would be wise, Bob.  After all, this group of
highly-respected photographers and camera enthusiasts is entirely interested in
good photography, not grainy or noisy low-light flash photography of the sort
that you might see from small-sensor compact cameras.

But, on the other hand, group dynamics is sometimes quite interesting . . .

Last night was my last night of duty in London.  The Squadron has a night of
training once a week, normally when we have a guest presenter (or several) to
brief the assembled student body on matters military.  I have organised these
presentations for years, but last night I managed to get a pilot and nav (WSO)
from a Tornado squadron to present to us.  It was a successful event: the
presenters were fresh back from Helmand province, they were young and the nav
was a girl, professional and pretty (a very useful role-model for our girls, in
my view).

But because it was my last time, they had organised all to wear bow ties (I
always wear them I am required to smarten up) and the girls had all acquired
Hooters t-shirts, into which they changed at about 2230.  They then dragged me
off to the Sports Bar on Haymarket, just down from Piccadilly, where I was
forced to dance with them until the small hours.  But before we departed our
bar, there were several photos, 2 of which are here:

It was a great night.  However, I got very little sleep (I can’t sleep late in
the mornings) so I must now go to bed.

Night

Chris