Re: [OM] (OM) Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Computers
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 14:42:17 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Before I went on holiday nearly a month ago, my computer failed -
>wouldn't boot at all.
>
>I finally, yesterday, took it to a repairman of
>good repute, who has just reported back that the operating system is
>corrupt. So he will lift the data off, reformat the HDD, re-install XP,
>and re-load the data.
>
>It will be great to have it back again.

     Been there.  Nice to hear that you have a repairman who will reinstall XP
instead of trying to talk you into anything newer.  I tried Win7 and Linux and
they were both awful as neither would run all of my older Win98 or WinXP
software properly.

     The best things in life are OLD, including:

Old cameras
Old lenses
Old tools
Old bikes