Re: [OM] IMGS: FLASH!! vs No Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: FLASH!! vs No Flash
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 12:06:36 -0800
On 2/21/2014 7:41 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> Yes, I will be glad when software can reduce the grain but not soften the
> image!  It's not there yet that I've discovered.  I tried Noise Ninja and
> Neat Image and Dfine on this one and rejected them all.

Aw, C'mon! <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Manley/Homework.htm>

Grain WAY down. Detail, check her hair against the bright light and the
printing.

If I can do this in a couple of minutes in NeatImage, careful application at
original scan size, and perhaps another
shot after downsizing for display can reduce grain to less than you might want
for the documentary 'look'.

Is it possible that you don't really know how to use these tools?

Smooooth Moose