[OM] IMGS: FLASH!! vs No Flash

Subject: [OM] IMGS: FLASH!! vs No Flash
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 18:55:23 -0500 (EST)
Selectively Grainy Moose writes:

>>I did try the idea Chuck (and others?) proposed, of adding back grain
using PS.
>>There are very few choices in that tool
>>and even Gaussian distribution looked artificial to me. I used
PerfectEffects,
>>B&W, None, TMAX 400 grain, 50/50, which
>>looks much more like film grain to me.

That seemed like a good approach to me as well.  DXO filmpack is a
standalone application or can be used within DXO Optics Pro.  There was
a free version of the Filmpack "3" posted awhile back.
The grain of any particular chosen film can be added back with by a
fully adjustable amount.
The current version offers more choices.

http://www.dxo.com/intl/photography/dxo-filmpack/available-film-looks

I would bet SGM could come up with one that is just right with the full
res scan.
I did a quick version with DXO but chickened out posting it.

Mike