Re: [OM] Panasonic/Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150

Subject: Re: [OM] Panasonic/Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150
From: "Mark Calzaretta" <om4ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 12:20:44 -0500
I have several of the Leica 4:3 lenses.

The 14-150 Vario-Elmar was the first one I bought more than a year ago. The day
I got it, I started shooting some of the Iguana that live in the lake behind
the house. I was perhaps 25-30 feet from the Iguana shooing various shots. I
went home and looked at the images on the 30" MAC HD display. As I enlarged the
image, I notice that there was something visible in the eye of the Iguana. With
the eye blown up full screen size I was astonished to be looking at my own
silhouette framed by the reflection of clouds in the sky.

This lens is so sharp it blows me away. Contrast is great and it has superb
bokeh. The only bad thing I can say about it is that I wash it was a constant
F2.8. However due to it's aperture range it is light enough to be very
comfortable as my daily walkabout lens on the E5 body.

Just as a point of reference I have been shooting Olympus since 1977 and stil
have many older Zuikos. In the digital side I currently have an E5 and a E-M1.
Digital glass includes the 4:3 Zuiko 11-22, 14-54, 35-100, 50-200, 90-250, 35
Macro and 50 Macro. 4:3 Leica 25, 14-50 and 14-150. On the MFT Zuiko side I
have the 12-40. Panny 7-14, x45-175 and 3D. Plus the Leica 45 Macro. I have
owned and parted with various other digital Zuikos that just did not do it for
me. For example in the first hour of owning the 100-300 I was ready to sell it.

I have not shot anything Leica since the M3 and unfortunately do not have any
of that glass left. looking at the old chromes, this zoom is DAMM good.

Not too sure where you live, but if you are in South Florida, I would gladly
meet you and let you use my lens on your body. I promise you will be a believer
after that.

Mark