Re: [OM] swans

Subject: Re: [OM] swans
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 15:10:25 -0800
On 2/14/2014 8:56 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Sounds like the kaolin and morphine that we would find in India.  That
> normally put the cork in it :-)

There used to be an absolutely wonderful concoction available in Mexico,
Donamycin PG*. It contained an antibiotic,
kaolin, pectin, belladonna alkaloids and an opium extract. One dose, and one's
digestive tract simply stopped for about
24 hours. Usually, it was fine thereafter, although sometime repeat doses were
needed.

I once gave some to a Mexican visiting here on business. :-)

Absolutely perfect for that plane ride home ... Doesn't seem to be made
anymore. :-(

A painful, but funny experience was when I once became seriously constipated in
Mexico. I went with my late wife to a
Farmacia. She had a long, almost heated discussion with the woman behind the
counter, who was absolutely convinced that
this obvious Gringo needed something to stop him up, not loosen him up.

Felicia was a native speaker, also with an MA in Spanish Literature, so it was
not a translation difference. All's well
that ends well. :-)

Balanced Process Moose

* For paragoric <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paregoric>.