[OM] Merrimack River Eagle Festival

Subject: [OM] Merrimack River Eagle Festival
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 14:31:39 -0500 (EST)
CN writes:
>> I worked in Newburyport for 2
>>years and never knew about the eagles.

I keep closer tabs on critters with much smaller wings but you may not
have had anything to miss depending when you worked there.
Plum Island has been an international birder magnet for many years but
Bald Eagles were very rare visitors  to anywhere in our area until
recently.
I think the first nesting pair to get reestablished was about 2005.
They have done well obviously.  I saw about 7 different ones
in under 2 hours yesterday.  None were out when I took Moose to the
same spot but Feb is the best time. You have an open invitation for
next year. I wonder how MFT does as an eagle kit?

Mike