Re: [OM] Digital demise

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital demise
From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 09:57:35 -0500
Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This guy in Florida asks: Why would anyone venture out with a camera in
> weather so cold that your LiIon batteries don't work?  :-)
>
> Chuck Norcutt in Palmetto, FL
> (where it's 8:20am, 58F and too cold to go out yet)

Some of us live in places where there is not much choice
unless you want to give up photography for the winter or
go South.

I'm in Ottawa, not the coldest part of Canada and I
think not even as cold as some US locations like
Nebraska. We get about three months, December
through February, where it is generally below freezing
24 hours a day and 5C or 40F would be considered
remarkably warm. I was out this morning in -11C or
+14F weather; that was noticeably warmer than a
few days ago, though still definitely not pleasant.

Where I'd like to be:
http://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Xiamen#Climate