Re: [OM] Errrrr.... nevermind

Subject: Re: [OM] Errrrr.... nevermind
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 20:09:05 -0800
On 2/6/2014 2:35 PM, Bill Pearce wrote:
> Yes, I don't know who the marketing genius was that though the american
> consumer would by a camera without a zoom lens.

Lots of the 14-42 Z zooms from kits were also being sold, which is how I got
mine. The reticence of the µ4/3 makers to
fess up and either ignorance or reticence of reviewers led to these, small,
light lenses to get a bad rep which is
entirely not the fault of the lenses, but of bodies with shutter shock.

Reviews like this one showed it to be as good or better optically than its
predecessors, but mentioned problems with
fuzziness at certain shutter speeds.
<http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/1458/cat/69>
Quite enough to scare off lots of folks. Put it on an Oly body with Shutter
Shock set at 1/8 sec. or one the Panny
bodies with an electronic shutter option, and it shines.

> I believe the bundled ones were left overs being off loaded to make room for
> the new version. Only thing that makes sense.

Except there isn't a new version that I can find. I'm not sure where this idea
comes from. The original 20/1.7 was model
H-H020 and the current version is H-H020a*. There are pages on a Panny web site
for both. For the 14/2.5, the only model
# listed by Panny and by web sellers is H-H014.

Non Duality Moose

* If you see H-H020aK or H-H020aS, that's simply the color, black or silver.
The original came in only a dark gray.