Re: [OM] IMG: My science project

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My science project
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 18:19:24 -0800
Chris, it's 82 feet long total. I wanted it to be 100 feet long (i.e. a
G5RV without the coax), but that wouldn't fit on my lot in one
direction. It's fed with 300-ohm twin lead, so I can run it as an
inverted vee on 40m-10m with a tuner. It works on 80m as a short
top-loaded vertical with capacitance "hat" if I short the twin lead and
feed it against ground.

It works reasonably well.  I've had digital-mode contacts with Uraguay,
Argentina, Japan and Asiatic Russia so far.

--Peter

 >No art, just a record shot. Some of you will know what this is. Built
 >it this weekend. It works.
 >http://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 [at] N04/12301976476/

It's a dipole antenna. What band?

Chris Trask