Re: [OM] IMG: My science project

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My science project
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 13:37:05 -0800
Right, Moose. Paul, it works for 7-28 MHz as an inverted vee, and also
on 3.5 MHz with the feedline shorted together so it works as a short
vertical with a capacitive top hat. Each leg is 82 feet long. To
paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, each leg is long enough to not quite reach
the ground.

It's fed with foam-insulated outdoor 300 ohm twinlead rather than coax,
so with a manual tuner, I can resonate the system to many bands. I like
the 300 ohm twinlead becase it doesn't break as easily as ladder line,
is easier to get into the house, and works better on the high bands.

--Peter (aka KD7MW)