Re: [OM] Fw: Upgrade your E-M5 with our new firmware!

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: Upgrade your E-M5 with our new firmware!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 10:33:47 -0500
100 ISO is a significant improvement for strong daylight fill flash.  As
I've mentioned here before my own E-M5 will sync at 1/320 (the E-M1
spec) vs the 1/250 E-M5 spec.  That brings it close the the 5D which
does ISO 50 and syncs at 1/200.  My 5D now has only a 1/3 stop advantage
over the E-M5, close enough not to matter.

Since I had no more description of the small focus point and other
changes than this:
Version 2.0

     Small AF target added to the AF target settings.
     ISO LOW (100 equivalent) expanded on the low sensitivity side.

Version 1.7

     Support for the VF-4 electronic viewfinder. The VF-4 features a
2.36 million dot resolution and 1.48 magnification. Automatic display
switching by the VF-4 eye sensor is only supported on the E-P5 camera.
I had a difficult time finding the setting in the menus.  There is no
such thing called "AF target settings" but rather it's under "set home"
position in the AF/MF menu.

I wasn't offered the V 1.7 update because I don't have the newly
released optional high-res viewfinder (same as E-M1) but it appears the
the V 2.0 update added the option in the menus as a grayed out item
under "Accessories options" for the accessory port.

Chuck Norcutt