Re: [OM] IMG: Crossroads

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Crossroads
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:23:21 +0100
I spent 3 months of my apprenticeship helping to install an elctronic
exchange in a small village. I can't remember how many wires I soldered
but it was a lot ;-). I also spen a while helping to look after a
crossbar exchange before setting into the Telex and Datel group, anyone
remember the first modems? definitely not portable with separate cards
for sending an receiving 300 Baud one way and 75 Baud the other.   At
that time I would never have imagined that I would be working in another
country doing something quite different although still technical.