Re: [OM] Fast Eggs

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast Eggs
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 16:10:37 -0500
Nope, no beef liver, sorry. Bird liver is fine: whole, battered and fried
(gizzards too), wonderful; pate, love it. Pig's ears, not a problem (snouts
and lips are good too, how else would you make hash to go on rice?);
intestines, OK too. Been eating chitterlings since I was a child. As we say
in SC, "We eat everything but the oink." Seafood, all good: bony or
cartilaginous fish, crustaceans (salt & fresh), gastropods (land and sea),
oysters (preferably raw and cold but that's living dangerously due to
hepatitis); amphibians, only had frogs, most salamanders are too small and
the only big one (hellbender) is covered in ammonia-tinged snot, besides, I
think they are protected. Haggis I've never tried but will give it a go.
The recipes I've seen look like it could use a little spicing up, but that
may be heretical.
     Mom has gone on, but Dad has signed off so I'm good to go. One way
ticket please, and no steerage.

Charlie