Re: [OM] Fast Eggs

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast Eggs
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 21:39:20 -0800
On 1/17/2014 10:08 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Most people think they can make an omelette - and are ohsovery wrong.

There are a few things at which I am competent, omelettes are one of them.

One of the formative experiences of my youth was watching Julia Child make a
French omelette. I was thunderstruck to
discover that those ohsovery disappointing, thick, rubbery things I had learned
to avoid were not what an omelette was
supposed to be.

At home, I have a dedicated omelette pan, super thick aluminum, good non-stick
coating, sides just the right shape to
roll 'em up. On the road, I use a less perfect pan* used for other things, as
well, so they sometimes don't look as
perfect, but always taste great.

I'll admit I usually put more stuff in 'em than Julia did.

Semi Chef Moose

* The stove is very small, so the ding in the side of the big skillet is useful
to let the small one (with the mushrooms
and shallots caramelizing) center on its burner.