Re: [OM] Food Sculptures (was: Dead pigs)

Subject: Re: [OM] Food Sculptures (was: Dead pigs)
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 09:42:35 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
)

>>      One head-on collision with a 250+lb linebacker at full speed should do
>> it.
>>
>>      But, rugby can be pretty rough as the players do not have the massive
>> amounts of protective
>>gear as in American football.  There's a reason for that equipment.
>
>Come on, it's rougher in the stands than on the pitch.

     Yes, it is.  Many years ago a Monday Night Football game was suddenly
moved from San Diego to Phoenix as the Chargers stadium had been taken over by
fire-fighting crews due to extensive wildfires in the area east of San Diego.
Admission was free, so I stood in line for four hours to get in.  In the end, I
would rather have watched a high school game.

     There were a number of fights in the stands.  One, in the second tier just
above me, was a drunken brawl in which one of the contenders gave a cop a solid
roundhouse to the head.  That's a mandatory six-month stay in the sheriff's
tent city jail.

     You can't get me interested in going to a pro football game ever again
even for free, unless it's the Steelers.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson