Re: [OM] Dead pigs

Subject: Re: [OM] Dead pigs
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 15:27:20 -0500
Why do you think fat is unhealthy?  Read this and you may change your
view of fat
<http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Cholesterol-are-Good-You/dp/919755538X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297748778&sr=1-2>

Before you ignore the author (Uffe Ravnskov) as a crackpot you should
know a bit  about him... from the Amazon page:

"Uffe Ravnskov was born 1934 in Copenhagen, Denmark. He graduated in
1961 from the University of Copenhagen with an M.D, but has worked most
of his time as a clinician and a researcher in Sweden, where he got his
PhD from the University of Lund. He has published more than 100 papers
and letters critical of the cholesterol campaign; most of them in major
medical journals. Honoured by the Skrabanek Award 1999 given by Trinity
College of Dublin, Ireland for original contributions in the field of
medical skepticism, and by the 2007 Leo-Huss-Walin Prize for Independent
Thinking in Natural Sciences And Medicine. He is a member of the
editorial board of two medical journals and is the creator and spokesman
of THINCS, The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics
(www.thincs.org), an organization that includes more than 100
researchers and other university graduates from all over the world. More
details about Uffe Ravnskov are available on www.ravnskov.nu/uffe"

To the statin drug industry he's a real pain in the arse.  If you'd like
to know even more go here: <http://www.ravnskov.nu/cholesterol.htm>

Chuck Norcutt