Re: [OM] OT: Weather Woes

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Woes
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:01:27 -0600
On 1/24/14 10:57 : , Ken Norton wrote:
>> Of course, our furnace is 30 years old, so it was inevitable.  But now
>> is not when we wanted to think about a replacement.   However, there's
>> an HVAC guy on his way in about 45 minutes to measure and quote us for a
>> new one.
> Ouch, Dude!
>
> Yeah, that's rough. Ours fritzed out a couple weeks ago, but we just
> payed our $75 for the service call and the home warranty is picking up
> the rest. So far, we're certainly ahead of the curve and eventually
> our thirty year old air-conditioner and furnace are going to die for
> good, so we're going to renew the warranty again. So far, we've had
> two or three garage door opener failures, an air-conditioner failure
> and furnace failure. $75 (going up to $90 I think) a shot and we don't
> have to worry about it. Oh, something else...Dish washer was it?

We replaced the original washer and dryer last year.  Fridge got
replaced about 9 years ago.

We'll do the furnace right now, follow up with the A/C when Spring gets
here.

We discovered about a month and a half ago that our previous CO detector
had croaked, so we went out and bought a spiffy new one. That was a
fortuitous choice, I would say.  If we hadn't, and had gone to the
theatre for rehearsal, chances are that all or little furry kids would
be gone by now.  Or, none of us would have woken up this morning.

We're seriously thinking about getting the combo of the Nest fire/CO
alarm and the thermostat and going all-in with modern tech.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard