Re: [OM] OT: Weather Woes

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Woes
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 10:47:56 -0600
On 1/24/14 09:10 : , Chris Trask wrote:

>       The temperature was 57F here just before dawn, and the owner of this
> coffee shop arrived in his Miatta with the top down.  He says he puts it up
> every once in a while in the winter to see if it's still there.  :{b

Yeah, well, it was below zero F here yesterday and last night, and it's
5 above right now.  Naturally, our furnace chose yesterday around 6 to
die.  CO detector started going off, guy from the utility company came
out with the sniffer and informed us that our heat exchanger was cracked
and turned off the gas to the furnace.  I had to open windows.  Any idea
what that feels like at -6?

Of course, our furnace is 30 years old, so it was inevitable.  But now
is not when we wanted to think about a replacement.   However, there's
an HVAC guy on his way in about 45 minutes to measure and quote us for a
new one.

Last night was quite chilly, even with the new space heater I ran out
and bought.  The cats didn't help - they love to snuggle when the house
is warm.  Last night, when we needed the little furry furnaces to
snuggle, they all huddled around the space heater....

Wasn't really planning on spending $2500 this week.  There goes the down
payment for my new Subaru that I was planning on for late Summer...

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard