Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands
From: Dharma Singh <dharmasingh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 22:18:35 +0100
In The Netherlands on the highways the traffic cameras are high up, but in
the cities and other motorways the Gitzo cameras are on poles.
Some years ago it seemed to be a hobby for a reasonable amount of people to
"Christo & Jean-Claude" them or set fire to them.
Not so long ago the government began using higher poles and the camerea
were better protected.

Shooting the cameras is not very common here, but when I was in Crete a few
years ago I've noticed  bullet holes in almost every traffic sign on many
roads.
​