[OM] Simple (and embarrassing) E-M5 question

Subject: [OM] Simple (and embarrassing) E-M5 question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 08:38:20 -0500
I feel embarrassed to even ask this question since I should know the
answer.  Someone on another list asked me if the E-M5 will signal focus
confirmation when using manual adapted lenses such as OMZs.  I have put
OMZs on my E-M5 only twice and probably not for nearly a year.  I don't
recall hearing or seeing a focus confirmation signal but then I don't
specifically recall hearing of seeing focus confirmation even when using
m43 Zuikos.  I suspect that it doesn't (probably doesn't even know
there's a lens mounted) but then I wondered why my m43->OMZ adapter
doesn't have a focus confirmation chip and thought maybe it's because
its not needed.

So I went to grab an OMZ lens and the m43 adapter only to recall that
the adapter is in the lens bag of my Orion 500/5.6 mirror lens along
with its T2->OM adapter.  Unfortunately, the Orion bag is nowhere to be
found amongst the photographic things I brought to Florida.  I hope it
is still setting on the floor in my "office" back home where I had set
it out to be sure I wouldn't forget to bring it.  It's upsetting since I
had planned to bring that long lens specifically to shoot the nesting
eagles not too far away.

So can any of you E-M5 owners answer the question?

Thanks,
Chuck Norcutt (who will order another adapter today)