Re: [OM] Simple (and embarrassing) E-M5 question

Subject: Re: [OM] Simple (and embarrassing) E-M5 question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 10:42:58 -0500
Thanks.  I think you are correct about the E-M5 and contrast detect
autofocus.  Even when an m43 Zuiko lens is installed there is no focus
confirmation signal (audio or visual).  What the camera does do (if you
have it enabled) is automatically magnify the previously autofocused
image to allow manual fine tuning of the focus in the viewfinder.  Even
this can't happen (automatically at least) with an MF lens since the
camera can't get any signals from the lens.

Chuck Norcutt