Re: [OM] Trigger pulled Sony Nex-7 on the way. Suggestions on OM Zuiko a

Subject: Re: [OM] Trigger pulled Sony Nex-7 on the way. Suggestions on OM Zuiko adapter
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:39:54 -0600
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > It's not too late. :-) Joel is lovin' his. It's now old enough, and
> 'birdcage lining', that you could continue to work
> > all your tried and true material.
>
> Not likely to happen. The 5Dmk2 could work, but so would the 6D. I'm
> still not convinced that the 6D isn't the way to go.
> Fortunately/unfortunately, I'm not in a position at the moment to
> worry about it. What I am pleased with is that once I am in the
> position to worry about it, options do exist. When it comes down to
> buying a new camera or making a mortgage payment (or two), the camera
> loses.
>
> Having messed around with my late relative's Mrk II I think it is no
better than the classic 5D unless you need 1) double the pretzils  2) LV,
3) bigger monitor, and 4) snobbery/workplace image.  The main reason is
that there is no better linearity of exposure with OM glass.  If there had
been some improvement there (and why would there be?  what was I
thinking?), I would be all over it.  I do like the LCD, but I really don't
need anything other than a histogram on the LCD.  The adapter and Joel's
eyeball generally get the focus where we wants it.

I loved playing with the GF-1.  It really surprised me.  I might go get one
of these little EP thingies that Moosie likes that doesn't have no stinkin'
EVF -- mainly because I tend to prefer Olympus menus to Pana's.  The layout
is instinctive to me by now.  I'm not fooling myself about the E-M1.  If I
go mirrorless, I'm getting new lenses.  It might be worth getting the
adapter to shoot the DZ 50/2, but I'm not even sure of that.

I'm kicking myself for not bringing the Z 35-80 instead of the Tammy/EOS
24-135.  I've gotten a few shots I like, but there is some CA that is kind
of mind-blowing.  Again, the 5D just tends to deepen my commitment to OM
glass.

Joel W.