Re: [OM] Trigger pulled Sony Nex-7 on the way. Suggestions on OM Zuiko a

Subject: Re: [OM] Trigger pulled Sony Nex-7 on the way. Suggestions on OM Zuiko adapter
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 22:32:36 -0800
On 1/15/2014 8:57 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> It's a big investment, to design a relatively sophisticated device, tool up,
>> test, redo some things and produce for a
>> small market. Misjudge the actual market (AG and a few other nuts and bolts,
>> maybe Mike), and lose your a**.
> They've done so for even smaller or marginalized markets. It's like
> when Olympus decided to devote everything E-Pen to the Japanese 16-20
> year old female market. "Hello Kitty" only goes so far. Granted, they
> also lost their a** doing it.

That was my point ...

> ... Do you have any examples of unsuccess with adapters? Best that I can
> tell, there were at least four or five OM-EOS
> adapters sold. One would think that if even 1/4 of the people who bought
> OM-EOS adapters were to by OM-m43 or OM-Fuji
> or OM-Sony adapters (with reduction optics) that there would be sufficient
> market.

Yeah, this is where we differ. Sure, scads of OM=>EOS adapters were sold. they
were, and are, dirt cheap, even with
focus confirmation chips. SBs are $400 and up. It's a different game.

I have 3 OM=>EOS adapters, as well as M43 and Nikon F. I bought an Oly OM=>µ4/3
adapter, but only because it was free
after rebate. I also bought an inexpensive EF=>µ4/3 adapter. These are not for
regular use, but for specialty situations
like my 600/8  and 1000/11 mirror lenses and Oly Macro gear.

I can't imagine buying a SB. I'd much rather use my 5D or buy a NEX 7.

> I can't imagine that the break-even point is all that high, given how many
> variants there are out there of every other
> flavor of lens and adapter.

Again, we have little choice but to agree to disagree, 'cause we'll never know
If your high number of potential buyers
or my much lower one is correct.

>> Think of all the pain, not to mention electrolyte replenishment, you could
>> have saved by just buying a 5D all those years ago.
> And I already admitted to that mistake.

It's not too late. :-) Joel is lovin' his. It's now old enough, and 'birdcage
lining', that you could continue to work
all your tried and true material.

  Yankee Moose