Re: [OM] Scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanners
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 16:41:05 -0500
John, which of the glass carriers do you have? There are two. One looks
similar to the standard 120 film holder, and will let you scan a whole
strip of film (eg. Three 6x6 or four 645) at once.

The other is the Rotating Glass carrier. It holds a strip of film but only
allows one frame at a time to be scanned. This is the one I have. It comes
with a set of thin plastic masks that go on top of the bottom glass. These
are sized for the different 120 formats. The film then sits on the mask,
then the top glass closes over that stack. If you do not use the mask, you
will get newton rings nearly every time! The non-rotating glass comes with
a much more cumbersome system. There are strips of adhesive black plastic
that go between the frames on a strip of film. They hold it above the
glass slightly, like the masks in the rotating carrier, and also prevent
flare. Without them, you'll also get newton rings.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook