Re: [OM] The (US) incandescent light bulb isn't dead | The Verge

Subject: Re: [OM] The (US) incandescent light bulb isn't dead | The Verge
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 09:00:24 -0800
On 1/3/2014 6:59 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>   I'm still concerned about the
> kitchen light fixture because it take "medium base" bulbs (most common)
> which was the main target of the law.  In addition to being very small
> (G16.5 size, 2" diameter) they must also be dimmable.  AFAIK there is no
> other bulb that fits the requirement.  But I will have to continue
> searching.  Good luck with your own requirements.
>
> <http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/1/5263826/the-incandescent-light-bulb-isnt-dead>
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Dimmable CFLs have been around for a while now Chuck. Most larger
hardware stores carry at least a few models. Here is a link to one (of
many) sources online (have no idea about how these folks are, just came
up first on a quick search.)
http://www.buylighting.com/Dimmable-Compact-Fluorescent-s/113.htm

Dimmable LED bulbs are also available.

Jim Couch