Re: [OM] (OM) Speaking of motorcycles

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Speaking of motorcycles
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 18:00:39 +0100
Brian, anything below 1000cc is considered small in the US these days. The
smallest Harley has an 880cc engine (and is quite anaemic). A 650cc is at best
medium, but certainly at the smaller end of medium.

When I was a teenager in the 1970s, the biggest widely available bikes (in
Denmark) were the Honda 750 and Kawasaki 900. Then Honda came along with the
1000cc Gold Wing and things have never been the same since.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 3 Jan 2014, at 11:38, Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ken wrote
>>
>> We have our eyes on the BMW GS series. The small engined models, like the
>> 650 and 700 are about the right size and weight for her and the prices are
>> decent. Even a brand new 650 is within budget.
>
> When I was into bikes, anything 500 and up was "not" considered small. 500
> and up is big
> enough to get you into a whole lot of trouble !!
>
> Brian Swale.
> For all eternity, there is this period of time we call 'life'.
>

> ---
> protection is active.
>
> --

Nathan Wajsman