Re: [OM] Where are thou oh brother

Subject: Re: [OM] Where are thou oh brother
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 11:51:56 -0800
On 1/2/2014 10:26 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
> Gotta disagree.  The em5 is fine and for my use could be even smaller
> IMO. And my hands aren't small. Why do people want to hang a big grip on
> it?? Might as well save some pesos and buy a big brick to start with...
> Perhaps another product would better meet your needs? Haven't held one
> but from side-by-side photos and specs the em1 is bigger, heavier and has
> that annoyingly protruding grip hump thingy.

WOW! Absolutely agree; wouldn't change a word.

> Is Oly moving away from "small"? Does "bigger"" mean "take me seriously"?
> Like the short guy wearing a big hat.

... carrying a big camera, driving a fast, expensive car, big, flashy watch,
and so on. ;-)

I do understand that some folks have body/ergonomic reasons why a smaller
camera is uncomfortable for them to use, but
it's a joy to hear the opposite position stated with such gusto and so well!

Last year, I spent a lot of time in the field carrying an E-M5 and the
considerably smaller, lighter E-PM2, side by
side. I love using the PM2 with 12-50, 9-18 and 60/2.8 macro. (although I seem
so far to get better results on average
with the macro on the M5. Time to pay more attention to technique, I suppose.)

I'm growing to rather like my newish GX7, which, although differently shaped,
is about the size and weight of of the
E-M5. But the last couple of times I've picked it up, I've wished it were a
little smaller and lighter. :-)

Different Strokes Moose