Re: [OM] IMG: Martha, An Americana

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Martha, An Americana
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 15:45:56 -0800
On 12/28/2013 2:34 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> “Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite. Or waiting
> around for Friday night or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake or a pot to
> boil or a better break or a string of pearls or a pair of pants or a wig
> with curls or another chance. Everyone is just waiting.”
> ― Dr. Seuss <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/61105.Dr_Seuss>
>
> Waiting for a comment on my photo!!

OK. Cute hen, nice pose, but the light from behind her is wrong for more than a
snapshot. The facial details are hard to
make out. The surroundings provide context, but a closer shot, or a crop, shows
her off better, and the context is still
there.

I've ordered a little folding reflector for fill light in such circumstances,
but appear to have ordered one that will
never come. :-)

This may give an idea what I'm talking about.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Manley/Martha.htm>

Mask transition may be sloppier than usual for me, but maybe only the Eagle Eye
will notice. :-) Anyway, it's meant as
commentary or perhaps proof of concept, not a finished product. Working from
the Raw original, I believe quite a
convincing job could be done.

P.S. Moose