[OM] Squirrel Attack

Subject: [OM] Squirrel Attack
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 16:48:28 -0600
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I just looked out and found a power system crew madly topping the holly
trees along my back property line, beneath the utility cables.  It seems
that squirrels have gnawed through the outer sheath on the fiber optic
bundle, and damaged some of the fibers themselves.  There are about 40
customers without TV, Internet, or telephone service, though mine is
still up for now.

They plan to make some quick repairs, but the cable must be replaced.
If I am quiet for a while, blame the squirrels, whom I feed. :-(

Such is life.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA