Re: [OM] Some cross-brand and cross-era flash compatibility comments fro

Subject: Re: [OM] Some cross-brand and cross-era flash compatibility comments from Dr. Flash
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 06:24:56 -0500
Hmmm.  Yes, I had forgotten the T-flash's neat little cam on the bottom
that raises the secondary connection pins in a non-OM flash foot. So a
T-32 will certainly not be a problem on the SX30.

However, not enumerated in this statement, "So far I have tried these
and several different brands and models of OM TTL flash units on the
Minolta A1, Canon 5D and Olympus OMD E-M5.", are 3 different models of
Sunpak OM TTL flash units which do not raise their feet and the Minolta
360PX which does not raise its feet.  But the Sunpaks departed the scene
before the arrival of the E-M5 and should not be counted as working there.

But, even so, I have probably overgeneralized on the safety issue.

Dr. Flash