Re: [OM] DOMKE F-2

Subject: Re: [OM] DOMKE F-2
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:29:01 -0600
It's changed a bit, including some parks on the lakefront, but the major
landmarks are still there.

I was born on the South Side.  I've always lived reasonably close (even in
Southern Illinois, we were only 6 hours away).  A number of years ago my
employer decided to pick up and move from Indiana to the Norfolk, VA area
because it was "more centrally located"... not sure where the CEO learned
geography, but at least on the map of the USA that I looked at, Indiana is
much more central than Virginia.  What he really meant was, "My wife
doesn't like Indiana.  There isn't a really swanky country club or fancy
shopping, so we're going to pack up an entire company and move somewhere
that she likes better."

Anyway... they offered to pay to relocate us, even flew us out for a
weekend, put us up in a beachfront hotel suite, and tried to impress us
with the neighborhood.  We took the free vacation, but were completely cold
on the area.  Plus, Chicago is my hometown.  There are so many things I
love about Chicago that I couldn't think about moving anywhere else.  I
like being close enough to pop over whenever we feel like it, but like
living in the smaller, quieter town that is Valparaiso.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard