Re: [OM] Carbon Fibre Tripods, any recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] Carbon Fibre Tripods, any recommendations
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:21:01 -0800

On 12/17/2013 12:48 PM, piers@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Yes, I too can vouch for the Manfrotto Neotec 458. It's stupidly simple and
> blindingly fast to set up. Bit heavy, sure, and (smirk) works very well
> with the 405 geared head (bought on-list from Scott Gardiner).

We're drifting off the original question. (Which is normal.) Chris asked about
a tripod to take walking.

Big and heavy don't really apply. I too have bigger, heavier, sturdier, low
vibration tripods, one with geared head
attached, but they aren't suited for carrying on a walk/hike. (Just sayin'.)

Task Master Moose