Re: [OM] IMG: From Long Ago

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From Long Ago
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 15:02:06 -0600
Glad you found it interesting.  Here's another item to disturb the
bureaucrats and bean counters.  When the original nozzle plates were
procured, two spare plates were also purchased and placed in the base
warehouse as spares, in case one of the originals were damaged during
use.  The need was obvious to the original project managers and went
unquestioned for many years.  Then, as USAF staff turned over during the
years, someone decided that spares must be justified.  If they weren't
used within some specified time period, then they were deemed surplus!
It didn't matter that the plate material was no longer manufactured, or
that procurement would take quite a period of time, even if a source
could be found.

Cooler heads prevailed, and, last I heard, the spares were still there.
Sometimes the writers of rules just don't understand that there must be
exceptions!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA