Re: [OM] OT:Advice on internet video streaming to TV

Subject: Re: [OM] OT:Advice on internet video streaming to TV
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 15:57:07 -0600
Chuck,

We use two DVRs that are in boxes provided by our local fiber optic
provider.  We use them to time shift programs that are broadcast on the
cable networks, and to save favorites for future viewing.

The problems we have experienced have all involved the hard drives that
are installed in the boxes.  They do not seem to be as reliable as my
computer hard drives.  My wife lost about 25 hours of recorded programs
when I had to get a new drive installed a couple of weeks ago.  No cost
to me, but a real nuisance.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA