Re: [OM] Great deal on SDHC cards

Subject: Re: [OM] Great deal on SDHC cards
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 12:48:08 -0800
On 12/3/2013 11:12 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
> I got my daily email from Rakuten.com (used to be Buy.com) and today
> includes an 8GB SanDisk Ultra II SDHC card for $7.49 with free shipping (at
> least it was free shipping for me).
>
> Have at 'em:
> http://click.newsletter.rakuten.com/?qs=c5981088fe9cb4af4a9dc0bbd70dfaae88a5c4ef3ca9e57373a1841adb2bc76d51be28ca318fc057

Not such a great deal. Class 4 cards are cheap now, probably old stock being
cleared out. Would noticeably slow down
write speed and thus shot to shot times for the E-M5.

Fine for capacity for an older P&S, maybe for older E-thingies. The E-M5 and
later deserve at least a class 10 and will
take advantage of UHS-1, a new, faster protocol.

Speedy G. Moose