Re: [OM] Print Exchange

Subject: Re: [OM] Print Exchange
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 13:11:25 +1300
Hi,

In case you didn't get around to looking at the last Vernal Print Exchange page

http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/solstice/

Here are the instructions etc that Steve and I operated at that time.

They might seem a bit tough / controlling, but, believe me, they were built
from experience of
the previous exchanges .... :-)

How do members of the Olympus Group participate in the 2007 OM Vernal Equinox
Photo
Exchange?
(Written mostly by Steve Dropkin)

What is it?
For those new to the List, the Exchange is a fun opportunity for members to
share a print of a
favorite photo with another List member -- and, eventually, with the entire
List. On the official
day of the Exchange, a Web site of all the photos will be unveiled so all of us
can see.

How Does This Exchange Work?
Participants are assigned anonymously to exchange an 8" x 10" (or 8" x 12" or
A4) print of a
photo they have taken using an Olympus camera (film or digital). Any photo you
are proud of,
taken at any time, and of any subject you wish. Olympus gear -- OMs, E-thingys,
rangefinders, Pens, point & shoots, etc. -- must be used in taking the picture.
You can use
third-party lenses, flashes, etc.

The subject of the photo is up to you, within the bounds of good taste (in
other words, would
you place this photo on your wall?).

It will be appreciated if provide a little information about the subject and
exposure
(equipment, f-stop, exposure time), just what the subject is and whatever you
can say about
its relevance to your photography.
Web space will be accessed though this page, and once individuals open up their
prints on
May 14, all of us can share the exchanged photos virtually, the day after.

What Is "The Fine Print"?
When you sign up, you are making three commitments. Please pardon the use of
ALL CAPS,
but, if you read nothing else, read that text:

1) IF YOU TAKE PART IN THIS EXCHANGE, BE PREPARED FOR THE EXPENSE OF
MAILING YOUR PRINT SAFELY TO YOUR SWAP PARTNER.
2) IF YOU TAKE PART IN THIS EXCHANGE, ALLOW AS MUCH TIME AS POSSIBLE FOR
YOUR PRINT TO REACH YOUR SWAP PARTNER BEFORE MAY 14.
3) EMAILING A SCAN OF YOUR PRINT TO BRIAN IS YOUR ENTRY TICKET.

Dimensions for the scan should be (at most) 640 pixels on the long side for
portrait-format
shots; 640 to 800 pixels on the long side for landscape-format shots. Send the
scan to Brian
at bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx using the subject "(OM) 2007 Vernal Print Exchange
image".
Here's an e-mailing link with the Subject line built in; click here: > Brian
Swale <

If you cannot make the first two commitments, please don't disappoint someone
else by
entering the exchange.

WANT TO PARTICIPATE?

Here's what you need to do:

1. Start thinking about the image you want to exchange -- or start shooting.
:-)

2. Send an email to Steve using this link > Steve Dropkin < telling me you're
interested in
participating. Include your mailing address. I will return to you the details
for scanning and
sending your image.

3. Use that email to send a JPEG of your image to Brian. YOU ARE NOT AN
EXCHANGE
PARTICIPANT UNTIL BRIAN HAS A JPEG OF YOUR IMAGE.

4. Once your scan is received, I'll send you the name and address of your
Exchange partner.

5. Print your image and send it to your Exchange partner.

6. Enjoy the print you receive from another List member and, on December 21st,
check out
this Exchange Web site!

THE TIMELINE

by April 1       Email me to tell me you're interested
AND
email a JPEG of your image to Brian.

by April 3       I will send emails assigning Exchange partners.

by December 20th         Your Exchange partner should have your print.

December 21      Brian will unveil the Exchange Web site.

PLEASE NOTE

The OM-List is an international list. It is smart to assume your Exchange
partner may be an
ocean or two away. In addition, countries have mail systems of varying
efficiencies. Please
allow for the expense of mailing your print safely and in plenty of time for
December 20. If you
are "running late", _you_ are responsible for the expense of expediting
delivery. Everyone
should have their print no later than December 20, 2007. IF YOU CANNOT COMMIT
THIS, PLEASE DON'T DISAPPOINT SOMEONE ELSE BY SIGNING UP FOR THE
EXCHANGE.

QUESTIONS?

Please contact me (at steve@xxxxxxxxxxx) or Brian (at bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Thanks -- and enjoy the Exchange!