Re: [OM] Print Exchange

Subject: Re: [OM] Print Exchange
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 02:19:19 +1300
I've come out of lurk mode to respond to this. I'm several digests behind - had
a 4 - day visit
to meet my first grand-child. :-)

Siddiq Siddiqui-Ali wrote:
>*> Likewise, and I suppose there might be a few more "ayes" here.
>*>
>*> On Nov 26, 2013, at 9:51 PM, Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxx>*> wrote:
>*>
>*> I don't recall it going anywhere last year, but I would be in for a print
>*> exchange! Jim Couch
>*>
>*> On 11/26/2013 1:40 PM, Siddiq Siddiqui-Ali wrote:
>*> After emailing Philippe, I thought back to the various print exchanges we
>*> used to do as a list?it was possibly brought up again last year, but don?t
>*> recall if it ever went past the ?good idea? stage. Was it just not
>*> practical? Or not enough interest? Or logistics of organization? Siddiq

Williams ( brain-failure on my part, forget his first name, begins with "S" or
"C"?) did the
properly randomised choice of swap partners, and for many years I did the
hosting, with
Steve Dropkin helping.

Here is the website which I host at my "old" first site which is still alive.
Written in pure html.  All film-based photos I think.

My goodness. The hours and hours I used to spend trying to get it all "right".
I forget what
software I used to re-size the thumb-nail images.

The first one or two swaps were partially lost after a change in host operative.

http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/solstice/

http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/solstice/

Enjoy !!

I'd be in favour, for sure.

The main problem we faced when administering the exchange was that persons
would
"enter" and then just never actually do it.  I think in the end that actual
entry was conditional
on a digitalised image being sent to me and a statement to the effect that the
print had
actually been posted off.  Some people jibbed at meeting the cost of
international postage.
Oh dear; the expense !!!. To think of it.

Brian Swale

---
is active.