Re: [OM] Thanksgiving Dinner

Subject: Re: [OM] Thanksgiving Dinner
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 00:42:13 +1300
John Duggan wrote

>&> ARGHHHHHH !!!! ?All this just to make an inedible vegetable fit for human
>&> consumption ! ?;-(>&> ? When they were much younger my daughters called them
>&> "Fart Food"....I just call them food of the Devil. One of the few veggies
>&> I truly detest (along with broccoli) ? Regards John Duggan, Wales, UK

There was an interesting news item here quite a few months back which recorded
that a
captain of one of the war-ships of ?? NZ ?? UK navy who forbad that brussels
sprouts ever
came on board "his" ship ...

For the record, and occasioned by Nathan showing us a picture of Bok Choy being
in a dish
he was about to partake of. ... ...

I did a big shopping at our supermarket 7 hours ago ( yesterday) and noticed
Bok choy in the
vege section - so I bought  a pack. A quick check using our friend Giggle
helped me find out
its requirements for steaming cooking.

I decided to also put it in cheesy white sauce - for which no recipe showed up.
Result?  Success.   No grumbles and all was eaten.

Brian Swale

---
is active.