[OM] A couple more Memphis shots

Subject: [OM] A couple more Memphis shots
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 18:08:11 -0500 (EST)
A certified one writes:

 >>One of the most frequently used
>>effects is a slight glow that while not actually affecting
sharpening, gives
>>the impression of a somewhat softer image. There are many other
effects as
>>well, and all of them infinitely messable with.

Suspect this is a digital emulation (many flavors)  of an olde slide
technique--anyone use that?  One would take a sharp shot  F16 or so
about 2 stops  overexposed (velvia  worked fine)
and a second one, one stop overexposed or so,  wide open and defocused.
The direction and amount of defocus did matter..  One would mount them
superimposed --they sold such mounts at the time and I hope still do.
Flat light worked best as shadows would block up easily and contrast
enhanced. Very cool results possible and gave a glow to the image.
Have a few actions that really work nicely in some circumstances --- a
home brew one that I no longer recall all the details as well.
Gaussion blur layer usually 25-35 pixels with
"multiply" choice in PS layer blend mode, IIRC.  I could look it up but
have to go help Marnie cook something it appears.

Occasionally mess with glows too but not as nicely as Bob, Mike