Re: [OM] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:39:07 -0500
My 2012 Chrysler T&C and the 2007 Buick Lucerne which preceded it both
have a duty cycle oil change indicator.  The Buick's would call for
change at about 9,000 miles.  The Chrysler is at about 8,500 and hasn't
called for a change yet.  The Chrysler's manual says that the oil change
interval should not exceed 10,000 miles of 12 months, whichever comes
first.  The Buick's manual also places a 12 month limit on oil change
intervals but imposes no maximum mileage limit.

I'm going to get the Chrysler's oil changed next week since I suspect it
will ultimately call for an oil change while I'm driving to Florida
unless I get it done before that.

Chuck Norcutt