Re: [OM] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 10:07:51 +1100
Coarse? As if. Desert dwellers in Australia are red skinned.
I used to think it was suntanning but in fact it's staining by the red dust.
It gets into everything - cameras, food, engines….they get used to living with
it.
The 'nonsense' meaning is a side shift from BS but the dust preded that.

>From a 4WD magazine -

"Bulldust is a fine talcum powder-like dust that is very common on outback
Australian tracks. It often occurs in areas where the track gets wet then dries
and breaks up into fine dust. It is particularly prevalent in areas in the far
north where it is boggy in the wet season and bone dry in the dry when the
majority of traffic breaks up the track.
Bulldust is very deceptive. Looking out your front windscreen it looks like
smooth hard patches but in fact it usually is a fine covering of dust over a
deep hole. Driving through bulldust at speed is very dangerous - try to avoid
bulldust at all times. It can cause damage if sucked into engines too, so in
very dusty areas you should have a filter on your air intake and check it
regularly."

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com