Re: [OM] Scratch one BMW

Subject: Re: [OM] Scratch one BMW
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 17:33:53 +0000 (GMT)
ARGHHH!!
             Chris I feel runflats are a tyre manufacturers cash cow. My tyre
fitter tells me runflats cannot  safely be repaired. At £200 a corner a
puncture within possibly 1000 mls is no joke! you also have the problem of then
finding a fitter who has that size/brand of tyres in stock.  My (new to me) BMW
Z4 behaved like a demented shopping trolley on runflats. It followed white
lines on the road and the front end had a mind of it's own. With the present
state of our road system it was unsafe!
Changing to "normal" tyres at £100 a corner has completely altered the
character of the car. It now goes where you point it, has a slightly softer /
less bouncy ride and is predictable! The performance is thus far better. The
only downside is that the already small boot is now made even smaller by virtue
of the fact it now houses the skinny spare wheel! It is a trade off I will
happily live with. If I rip a tyre in the remote parts of mid-Wales or the Lake
District in the middle of a wet winters night I know which system I would
rather have.

Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK