Re: [OM] IMGs: Restored 1974 Peugeot AO8 Road Bike

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Restored 1974 Peugeot AO8 Road Bike
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 13:00:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      Thank you.  I really took my time with this one, and was extremely
>> fortunate in finding a set of the original reflector brackets, which were
>> unique to Peugeot in the 70's.
>

>It's wonderful, Chris.  I think it is interesting that you converted to
>stem shifters.  I have modified every bicycle I've restored to downtube
>shifters, sometimes with considerable difficulty (as on a Schwinn
>Continental).  I also remove the suicide brake levers because I never ride
>with my hands on the top of the bars, so the downtube shifters are more
>natural to me.

     I use stem shifters and barcons, both for the same reason:  I don't have
to shift my centre of gravity when reaching for the shifters.

>My bikes, aside from that Schwinn) are all post-European Japanese frames
>(couple Fujis and my fast bike is a Taiwanese Schwinn chromoly frame with
>Campy wheels and a Japan crankset.  There is a Viscount that I restored for
>my son which is quite interesting.  I'd like to find one of those with
>about a 60 cm frame to restore for myself.

     I have three Japanese/American bikes:  A 1984 Nishiki Grand Tour 15, a
1982 Centurion Accordo, and a c1984 Univega Nuovo Sport, all of which came from
Goodwill stores.

>Bicycles and cameras...

     As long as the bikes are French and the cameras have MF lenses, life
remains good.

Chris